Saturday, July 28, 2012

Americans Have It So Easy

I'm excited to have returned to the U.S.  It's so easy to do things - and just live - here.  I mean, there are definitely flaws - I'm talking to you, $12 movie theater tickets and the U.S. cell phone system (among others) - but in general it's so nice.

Great to see my peeps.  But sad that our time here is so short.  We should have a spare room in Ethiopia, so feel free to come visit!


On another note, I turned 37 today.  I am guessing, based on family medical history, that I've lived about 60% of my life (was probably half over when I turned 31).  I'd better get cracking on building that time machine.  I mean, I don't have a whole lot to show on my "lifetime achievements" trophy shelf.  There's the excellent wife and twin boys, but no real career nor any non-career accomplishments.  I've had the text of the first few chapters of a book on the page for over three years now, but I just can't stay motivated to  continue on it.  I'm kind of in a position where I'm unsure of its quality/appeal but afraid to share what little I've got for fear that it's crap.

So yeah.  Back to the search for a nanny for our time in Ethiopia - because I'm getting too old for this $#!+.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy born day +1. Abandon the book you're writing for an audience you think might not like it. Start wriing something that you like. Or maybe start writing five page pieces on funny experiences in S Korea or China. And if it's informative (how to get through traffic in china or the best unexpected mealsin s korea) then all the better. Svb

Cold Washed Pet Flakes said...

You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site.