Sunday, November 03, 2013

You can't have someone else do that?

What's the deal with selfies?  I took one once, in 2008, because no one was nearby to take the photo for me.  And I've never had the urge to take another one.

I think it's a symptom of having cameras on phones.  In my day, cameras were just on cameras, and you didn't have them with you all the time.  You only had one along if you were planning to take photos.  And then, if you were in dire need of a "selfie," you propped the camera somewhere and set the timer.

I guess I'm getting old.  There are more and more things, behaviors, attitudes, and more that I just don't understand.  It feels a little lame (that I'm getting "out of touch"), but I'm also sort of proud of the era in which I grew up.  I guess it happens to every generation.  Just seems like it's happening sooner to me than I feel it should be.

This, by the way, is my one and only selfie:


No comments: